- About the Program
- Program Partners
- About Food Safety
- Am I Eligible?
- Funding Categories
- List of Eligible Activities
- List of Ineligible Activities
- Application Process
- How to make a Claim
- Industry Training Courses
- Online HACCP Fundamental Course
- Recognized Certifications and Professionals
- On-Farm Recognized Certifications and Professionals
- Accredited Food Safety Professionals
- Covid-19 Resources
- Safe Food For Canadians Regulations (SFCR)
- Download the Program Booklet
- Food Safety Software
- Useful Documents and Links
- Small Business Resource
- BC Industry Councils
- AgriAssurance: Small & Medium Sized Enterprise Component: Applicant Guide
- Industry Events
- Program Contacts
- My Profile
$10,000 available to establish or enhance food safety in your British Columbia (BC) On-Farm businesses.
To achieve a world-class level of food safety, British Columbia (BC) agri-food businesses are taking part in the On-Farm Food Safety Program. This cost-sharing initiative provides a business with up to $10,000 in funding for food safety activities.
The funding assists you to:
(1) Identify and document risks through food safety gap-assessment (or pre-audits) to improve your food safety capacity;
(2) Proactively mitigate the risks identified through adoption of Good Agriculture Practices (GAPs) or Best Practices (BPs)
(3) Achieve a third-party On-Farm Food Safety System (OFFS) or Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) food safety certifications through nationally and internationally recognized food safety accreditation bodies.
The opportunities are endless!
The program is administered by Food Processing Skills Canada (FPSC) and funded through Canada Agricultural Partnership (CAP), a federal-provincial-territorial initiative.
Easy Application Process
Improve the food safety practices and systems across the BC agri-food sector
Enable on-farm businesses to meet the Safe Food for Canadians Act and Regulations requirements
Achieve third-party OFFS or HACCP food safety certifications through nationally/internationally recognized third party food safety certifying bodies
Enhance the BC agri-food sector’s capacity to keep building consumer trust and to increase profitability by accessing new domestic and international trade markets.
Our overall goal is to ensure foods processed in BC are the safest across the country and the world. In particular:
Increase implementation of food safety practices and systems across the BC agri-food sector;
Ensure on-farm businesses to meet the Safe Food for Canadians Act and Regulations requirements;
Achieve third-party HACCP based food safety certifications through nationally/internationally recognized third party food safety certifying bodies;
Ensure foods processed in BC are among the safest both nationally and internationally;
Foster a food safety culture in BC by providing cost-shared funding to eligible agri-food businesses to conduct Food Safety Assessments;
Support the repositioning of BC’s agri-food industry to respond to future opportunities and to realize its full potential to adapt, compete, and access new markets, thereby becoming a significant contributor to BC’s economy;
Enhance the BC agri-food sector’s capacity to keep building consumer trust and to increase profitability by accessing new domestic and international trade markets;
Encourage the adoption and implementation of GAPs, BPs, and recognized HACCP food safety practices in these operations;
Improve the capacity of agri-food businesses to address current issues and to meet emerging national and international food safety requirements;
Identify and document risks, issues, and opportunities to improve food safety capacity, systems, and practices; and
Provide access to training to increase the food safety expertise of BC food industry personnel.