- About the Program
- Program Partners
- About Food Safety
- Am I Eligible?
- Funding Categories
- List of Eligible Activities
- List of Ineligible Activities
- How It Works
- Application Process
- How to Make a Claim
- Industry Training Courses
- Online HACCP Fundimental Course
- Recognized Certifications and Professionals
- On-Farm Recognized Certifications and Professionals
- Accredited Food Safety Professionals
- Food Safety Software
- Useful Documents and Links
- PCP Page
- BC Industry Councils
- Industry Events
- Program Contacts
- My Profile
On-Farm Recognized Certifications
The following list contains all certifications auditable under the On-Farm Food Safety (OFFS) Program. Any certifications your organization holds must be to the most current version of the standard.
Please note that this list is not exclusive. Other certifications may be accepted but require pre-approval by the program Registrar.
- British Retail Consortium (BRC)
- Food Safety System Certification (FSSC) 22000
- Global Red Meat Standards (GRMS)
- International Food Safety Standard (IFS version 6)
- Canada G.A.P.
- Primus GFS
- Safe Quality Food (SQF 2000)
- Preventive Control Plans (CPCs) as per Safe Food for Canadians Regulation (SFCR)
- Canada Grains Council
- Canadian Cattlemen’s Association Verified Beef Production
- Canadian Cervid Alliance
- Canadian Hatching Egg Producers: Canadian Hatching Egg Quality
- Canadian Herbs, spice and Natural Health Products Coalition
- Canadian Honey Council
- Canadian National Goat Federation: On-Farm Food Safety Program
- Canadian On-Farm Food Safety Working Group
- Canadian Pork council: Canadian Quality Assurance Program
- Canadian Sheep Federation: Food Safety Farm Practices: Canadian Verified Sheep Program
- Canadian Trucking Alliance
- Chicken Farmers of Canada: On-Farm Food Safety Assurance Program
- Dairy Farmers of Canada: Canadian Quality Milk
- Egg Farmers of Canada: Start Clean-Stay Clean
- Ontario Veal Association: Veal Quality Assurance Program
- Turkey Farmers of Canada: On-Farm food Safety program
- American Institute of Baking
- Société Générale de Surveillance (SGS)
What is GFSI?
The Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) has an overall goal to supply safe food across the world. This industry-driven organization provides guidance when implementing food safety management systems necessary in the supply chain, regularly hosting conferences, meetings, and materials for the industry.
GFSI sets the benchmark in global food safety certifications and standards, which are achievable through a successful third-party audit against GFSI-set schemes. These schemes are recognized in a business when they meet the international minimum food safety requirements.
For a food and beverage processor to become certified under GFSI standards, one must determine gaps in the existing food safety management system and decide on a Certification Body (CB) to perform the mandatory third-party audit. GFSI will perform a benchmarking process, which will determine competent food safety schemes in your business.