- About the Program
- Program Partners
- About Food Safety
- Am I Eligible?
- Funding Categories
- List of Eligible Activities
- List of Ineligible Activities
- How It Works
- Application Process
- How to make a Claim
- Industry Training Courses
- Online HACCP Fundamental Course
- Recognized Certifications and Professionals
- On-Farm Recognized Certifications and Professionals
- Accredited Food Safety Professionals
- Safe Food For Canadians Regulations (SFCR)
- Download the Program Booklet
- Food Safety Software
- Useful Documents and Links
- Small Business Resource
- BC Industry Councils
- AgriAssurance: Small & Medium Sized Enterprise Component: Applicant Guide
- Industry Events
- Program Contacts
- My Profile
Thanks to our national and provincial partners, this program is successfully re-launched by the Food Processing Skills Canada (FPSC). The funding they continue to provide will ultimately improve food safety standards across hundreds of businesses in the province of British Columbia.
Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) is a renewed $3 billion federal, provincial, and territorial government commitment to support agriculture.
The On-Farm Food Safety Program is a cost-sharing initiative designed to assist in the improvement of British Columbia’s (BC) food safety. The program provides up to $10,000 in funding to a diverse range of eligible BC on-farm businesses such as farmers, producers, packers, and ranchers who want to earn food safety certifications and implement food safety improvement activities.
The province has provided leadership for the program in order to support its agri-food businesses. The three following priorities set by the BC Ministry of Agriculture are directly met by the goals of the On-Farm Food Safety (OFFS) Program:
1. Identify and document risks through food safety gap-assessment (or pre-audits) to improve food safety capacity;
2. Proactively mitigate the risks identified through adoption of Good Agriculture Practices (GAPs) or Best Practices (BPs); and
3. Achieve a third-party OFFS or Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) food safety certification through nationally and internationally recognized food safety accreditation bodies.
The program is administered by Food Processing Skills Canada (FPSC) a recognized leader in education and program delivery. The FPSC supports the On-Farm Food Safety (OFFS) Program with program delivery, courses and training.