- About the Program
- Program Partners
- About Food Safety
- Am I Eligible?
- Funding Categories
- List of Eligible Activities
- List of Ineligible Activities
- Application Process
- How to make a Claim
- Industry Training Courses
- Online HACCP Fundamentals Course
- Recognized Certifications and Professionals
- On-Farm Recognized Certifications and Professionals
- Accredited Food Safety Professionals
- Covid-19 Resources
- Safe Food For Canadians Regulations (SFCR)
- Download the Program Booklet
- Food Safety Software
- Useful Documents and Links
- Small Business Resource
- BC Industry Councils
- AgriAssurance: Small & Medium Sized Enterprise Component: Applicant Guide
- Industry Events
- Program Contacts
- My Profile
Leading the way, Canada’s AgFood Sector is a powerhouse for our economy, contributing over $110 billion to our national GDP and a top employer – with 1 in 8 Canadians working in the industry.
Food Processing Skills Canada (FPSC), formerly known as the Food Processing Human Resources Council (FPHRC), is a national & not-for-profit council dedicated to the advancement of Canada’s food and beverage manufacturing industry. Proudly representing food manufacturers of all sizes, in all provinces and from all subsectors of foundational, educational pieces, certifications and skill standards.
About the On-Farm Food Safety (OFFS) Program
The On-Farm Food Safety (OFFS) Program is a cost-sharing initiative designed to assist in the improvement of British Columbia’s (BC) food safety.
If you have an eligible BC on-farm businesses such as farmers, producers, packers, and ranchers, the program provides up to $10,000 to help you with your food safety projects.
Our goal is to ensure on-farm businesses in BC are the safest across the country and the world.
Funded by Canada Agricultural Partnership (CAP), Your company may use the funds in a variety of ways.
- Identify and document food safety risks through a gap-assessment or pre-audit
- Implement Food Safety Activities;
- Receive food safety improvement services
- Upgrade your facility and equipment
- Achieve a third-party OFFS or HACCP certification through nationally and internationally recognized food safety accreditation bodies.
Meet the Program Manager and the Technical Program Advisor
Program clients will communicate often with the Program Coordinator, as well as the Technical Program Advisor (TPA). Become acquainted with them both: